Red curry paste and coconut milk give chicken tons of flavor in this belly-warming dish.
Total Time: 25 min.
Prep Time: 10 min.
Cooking Time: 15 min.
Yield: 4 servings
1 tsp. coconut oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1-inch slice fresh ginger, peeled, chopped
1 tsp. red curry paste
1 Tbsp. tomato paste, no sugar added
1 lb. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup lite canned coconut milk
½ cup water
1 medium tomato, chopped
2 tsp. Thai fish sauce (optional)
¼ cup coarsely chopped cilantro (optional)
1½ tsp. palm sugar
1. Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
3. Add garlic and ginger; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add curry paste and tomato paste; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
5. Add chicken; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 minutes, or until it’s coated in paste.
6. Add coconut milk and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low; gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
7. Add tomato, fish sauce (if desired), cilantro (if desired), and sugar; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
Tip: Thai fish sauce is called nam pla. It can be purchased online or in an Asian market.